Erin go Bragh

What a nice way to celebrate St. Patty's Day---a group run with the ladies.  We meet up at the Library after the Bosom Buddies Breastfeeding Support Group (an awesome group session today by the way--happy to see some new faces come out for group), 
http://thelactationlady.com/files/Download/Bosom%20Buddies%20flyer%20Publisher%201.pdf

I thought the trail would be too muddy after this past weekends NE rain storms, but it was perfect.  The trail surrounding the library is packed dirt, 1.1 miles; it was a nice change from the asphalt roads and trails we have had to stick to due to the snow and mud.  We took it slow for our racy runners who had taken the winter off and came out today for some sunshine---they need to ease back into it.

I had wanted to run 6-8 miles, but 5.5 turned out to be just perfect.  I have an 11 mile run planned this week, my longest run ever, in preparation for the 1/2 marathon.  I hope I can do it---send some good vibes my way--I need them.

3 comments:

Laura said...

Casi you can do it! And once you do your 11 miles, 13.1 will be no problem!! Your adrenaline will kick in for those remaining miles and help carry you to the finish line! I'm excited for you & your 1st half! Laura :)

MJ said...

you can do it!!! sending some major good vibes :)

Racy Runner said...

Thanks, Ladies! I thought I would reach a point in my training where I would just know that I could do it---I am not quite there yet. Hopefully after I bang out this 11....:)

Post a Comment