Holy Humidity

I have found my weakness----HUMIDITY!  I headed to Spring Lake after strength training at the Y this morning.  I wanted to pick up the beach badges and get lock on locker if possible.  Unfortunately, the beach office did not open until 3--Big Fail for me.  I should have checked the website before driving there. 

Had my running shoes in the car, so I decided to get my run in there on the boardwalk.  Large swells and plenty of surfers to watch.  Wanted to run 5 out and back.  Started at South End Pavilion and ran towards Belmar.  Ran the first 2.5 strong and then I had it.  My legs felt like bricks.  Walked from 2.5 to 3 miles and then kept it SLOW with walk reaks.  I really need to adjust to the heat.  I miss the snow running--there, I said it.

I took some gorgeous photos of the beach, but alas decided to upgrade my phone today and the photos may never be seen.  I LOVE my blackberry but the wheel was getting stuck and I was due for a new one.  I headed to Middletown Allpage.  The owner of this store is awesome and is very helpful.  He did try to sell me on the Droid--but being the geek I am, I wanted another Blackberry or the new iPhone 4.  

I walked out of there with the new iPhone and plenty of insurance--this thing looks fragile.  I drop my Blackberry at least 4 times a day so I wonder how long that screen will stay intact.  Already in love with the FLASHINESS.
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary00:54:155.0010:50
100:09:29 1.00 09:29
200:09:50 1.00 09:50
300:12:13 1.00 12:13
400:11:42 1.00 11:42
500:10:58 1.00 10:58
Today's song, Avril Lavigne, What the Hell

No comments:

Post a Comment