Are you looking for company on your runs?

This morning I was pleasantly surprised to receive a call from G---she wanted to run.  You know I can never turn down a good running opportunity.  I asked her to meet me at the Y; I strength train from 9-10.  It was HOT and HUMID today and I was glad I grabbed a Myoplex and stuck it in my purse.  I downed the protein drink before class ended--I was worried about the run.

G had not run in a while and needed to keep it slow--which is incredible hard for a speedy runner like her.  Our first 2 miles were great--we were fast, but lost steam from there.  In hindsight a walk/run would have been smarter--next time (I hope I did not scare her away). 

Trying to get a nice group together for group runs.  Here is a copy of an email sent this morning to ladies who like to run--if you live in the area (Colts Neck, NJ), please feel free to get in touch with me and let me know if you are interested in joining us on runs.
Racy Runners is a running group for women.  Women running towards friendship, commitment, and health.  Come join us--all women are welcome!
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.
Contents:
Upcoming Run:

Ryan's Run 2011

5K Run/1mile Fun Run

DATE: Sat June 25th, 2011
TIME: 9:00am sharp
The Mountain Hill School
726 Kings Highway East
Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716

It is for a great cause!  This race is local and  a great family run, so consider signing up with your kids. 

I NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU

Are you interested in group runs?  Do you know how much easier it is to run with a friend?  Let's run together!

I am interested in hearing from you:
  • If you could meet only once a week for a group run, what day and time works best for you?
  • How many times a week would you like a group run? 
  • What are other days/times that work best for getting a run in?
  • Goals?

Please email me at casirn@gmail.com to let me know.  I will try to accommodate everyone the best I can.  Don't worry about pace or distance--we can accommodate everyone.

Please remember you can forward this email on to a friend or unsubscribe at the bottom of the page.

We had a great time at the Asbury Park 1/2.  I could not believe how FAST Leslie, Luanne, Rosemarie and Nikki were despite the Noreaster winds that day.  You ladies should be so proud!  What's next?  How about another 1/2? Destination run?

Conor was so happy to have run his first 1/2; he was the youngest person registered.


Copyright © 2011
Our mailing address is:
Racy Runners
Colts Neck, NJ


  unsubscribe | update profile | forward to a friend
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary00:56:385.1011:06
100:09:33 1.00 09:33
200:09:44 1.00 09:44
300:12:12 1.00 12:12
400:11:15 1.00 11:15
500:12:52 1.00 12:52
600:01:00 0.10 10:09

No comments:

Post a Comment