Heat Wave in NE

They are calling for record temperatures here in the NE today and tomorrow 95-100.  Our local school district called an impromptu half day today and tomorrow in anticipation.  I figured I would have to get my run in this am before Breastfeeding Support Group on the treadmill---but I did not (thankfully--since my TM is reserved for the times when running outside is NOT possible).

When I went outside with the boys to wait for the bus, I was dressed and ready for a run--garmin, check-- iPod, check--running gear, check.  I wanted to hit the streets for at least 3 miles as soon as the bus pulled away.  I am glad I did.  It was HOT but it wasn't as humid as it was a week ago, so I did OK.

I ended up walking up 2 of the larger hills and getting 4 miles in--my 4 mile route in the hood is a HILLY one. If I had more time, I probably could have gotten another 2 in.

After group and after the kids get home--POOL TIME (I actually have the heater on in anticipation--we very rarely use the heater even though without it the pool is a good 60-70 degrees, but if it is going to be as hot as they are predicting, I am going to want to go in).

All in all my overall pace is not too shabby:
Split
Time
Distance
Avg Pace
Summary00:40:254.0010:06
100:09:38 1.00 09:38
200:09:38 1.00 09:38
300:11:03 1.00 11:03
400:10:04 1.00 10:04

1 comment:

justme said...

hi - met you at the class today.... will be reading our blog.....

Post a Comment