Soccer Mom

I have been keeping regular work hours this week as I attend new hospital orientation.  I miss planning my workouts and errands at my convenience--I know, wahhh, waahhh, wahhh---most people have to face the work obstacle on a daily basis.  I can certainly suck it up for a week or two.  It is kinda nice that I am supposed to be tapering during this time.

I decided to skip the 5:30 am run yesterday to run after work instead.  I was going to run with Con, but he forgot he had soccer practice.  The stars must have been in alignment, because all three boys had soccer practice in the same location and the times were only staggered slightly.

Once they were all in their prospected locations, I took off.  I needed 4 but wanted 5 miles.  Unfortunately due to my age and the fact that I have 3 boys, I needed to find a porta potty before really getting started.  Found one (relatively clean--but at least had hand sanitizer) over at Buck's Mill.  I was booking (for me anyway)--my first mile--8:41.  

I had never run so late in the day before.  It was not as bad as I thought (and I slept like a rock last night).  I ran into an ant area--the ground was so lumpy and I looked down to find this:
The ground around the polo fields and soccer areas was REALLY uneven and I probably should not have been going so fast--but it felt good.

I ran 3 miles in 37:02--this was GREAT for me.  Then I headed into the woods.  Wild Daffodils were in bloom.
The forest was quiet and serene---I felt relaxed and grounded.  Deer would break through the scene and spurt off away from me.  I am not a religious person, but this is as close to nature as you can get.
The path out of the woods is VERY sandy--good for the horses, but hard to run in.  This was my slowest mile, 10:32.  

I think I am going to have to make these soccer practices runs my "new thing"--I felt like a million bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment