Weekly Group Runs for week of Nov 28th


Racy Runners is a running group for everyone; running towards friendship, commitment, and health.  Come join us--everyone is welcome!
Is this email not displaying correctly?
View it in your browser.








SAVE THE DATES!
Upcoming LONG Group Runs for month of December: please remember it does not matter how far you want to go, we will help you get the distance you want.  We pick locations that allow for varying route distances, so we can easily drop runners back at their cars whenever they want. Our long runs are run at a slower training pace, to build endurance.  Chatting helps us stay steady and strong, while we push ourselves a little further each time.

*Sunday, December 4th
Thompson Park (meet at parking lot near playground)
8 am

*Saturday, December 10th
Location TBA
8 am

*Saturday, December 17th
Location TBA
8 am

*Saturday, December 24th
Location TBA--I LOVE LOVE LOVE the idea of a Chistmas Eve Run!
8 am

*
Please text or email me the morning of so I know you are coming, (if there are any changes due to weather or life, I have a list of who to contact)--Thanks!
 
Please do not hesitate to get in touch if you want to arrange a run together any other time.

(Picture above was taken as Ronan and I crossed the finish line of his first 5 mile race)


Guess what--we are planning on running the Asbury Park 1/2 on April 21st, 2012 and we want YOU (yes, YOU) to join us!

You can register HERE.

So far the BRAVE FEARLESS Racy Runners who are signed up (or about to sign up) to participate are:

Nikki
Luanne
Donna
Emily
Jackie
Casi

Please do not be intimidated by the distance--we will show that 13.1 miles who is boss.



Can you believe this weather?

I am injured--there I said it.  The last few runs I have had, I have an ache (I really don't want to call it a pain, but it is) in my left calf.
I convinced myself that running on it was OK since it did not hurt too bad and it did not hurt when I walked on it.  Now it hurts when I walk on it.
This BEUATIFUL weather is killing me.  How can I not run when it is 67 degrees out on Nov 28th?  I know I should be good and rest, but I am already thinking about throwing on a pair of compression stockings/sleves and testing the calf out again--despite knowing how stupid that would be.  I will try to rest it....


Come and run with us this Sunday, December 4th, 8am at Thompson!

So proud of Nikki and Jana for running the Navesink Challenge this past weekend.  The 9 mile course is beautiful but TOUGH!  I can't wait to hear all about it.  Nancy is running a 15K this weekend in DC.  She has been training hard and will be running the race straight off a business flight from San Francisco--can you say "Jet Lag".  Thankfully she is running with an old and dear friend.  Nancy, we wish you the best of luck, but most of all enjoy yourself.

Want to read about my recent running antics, please visit the Racy Runners site HERE.
Please remember you can forward this email on to a friend or unsubscribe at the bottom of the page (you will not hurt my feelings if you unsubscribe--gone from the distribution list but not my heart).

The boys and I at Born to Run 2011

Conor and I completed our 3rd annual Born to Run Race--he finished in 45 minutes and change, which is a HUGE accomplishment on this course--a PR for him and Ronan completed his first 5 mile run EVER--we finished in 52 minutes and that was with some walking--he did great and we cannot wait until next year!  We hope you can join us:)

No comments:

Post a Comment