8 Miles Never Felt So Good

Despite my calf acting up on this mornings run (it did not announce itself until mile 6), this was a great 8 miles run.  I met N and S at Thompson this morning.  It was a brisk morning, but not too cold, 41 degrees.  N wore short sleeves:)  We headed out planning to do 5-6 and then head back to the car to drop off S and N and I would head out again.  We ran in sync with each other and easily kept a 10:30 pace. 

When we hit mile 5, I made the suggestion of running the 1.5 mile reservoir trail.  Although I do not think it was N or S' cup of tea--these ladies humored me and off we went on the trail.  The trail slowed our pace by 1 to 1.5 min/mile but it was definitely a harder run.  Of course I loved it:)  I really do love trail running and I wish there were more accessible trails in this area. 

Here are S & N running the trail:



Coming off the trail we hit the rugby loop and got S back to her car at 6.5 miles.  After refueling and convincing S and she should finish the run with us, we headed back out and got another 1.5 miles in--8 miles with great conversation--DONE!

I love running with these ladies--it makes getting that LONG run in sooooooooo much easier.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shark River Park has great trails! So does Heartshorne Park in Atlantic Highlands! The views at Hartshorne are amazing. You guys should have a go at running there!

Racy Runner said...

Thanks for the tips. I have run at Hartshorne Woods before but I definitely did not get to see all the trails there (the one my son and I took was more hiking than running:), but we did not know where we were going and we were thankful just to make it back to the car. I will check out Shark River Park and give Hartshorne another try--maybe another entrance.

Post a Comment