It's Sabotage

9 miles on the agenda this morning along with windy cold rain and SNOW--yes, snow here in the NE today.  I was hoping we would be able to sneak a run in before the rain came, but it was raining pretty steady at 7:30 when I was getting ready to go.  I could have easily climbed back into bed.  P decided to stay home and I was waiting to hear from N, when L sent a text letting me know she was coming.  Put the sneaks on and headed to the car.  On the way to Thompson park the rain really started to come down.  L sent another text letting me know she had no rain gear on--it was not looking good.  N had not left the house yet--but was happy to head back to bed when I called.  No run :(  In hindsight, I probably could have gotten 2-3 in, but it would not have been pretty.  The NE wind was picking up and it was cold.

Too late to head back to bed ( I could have really used the sleep--awful insomnia last night), so I ran some errands and grabbed a Starbucks--Yuum (so worth getting out of bed for).  I decided I would attempt the 9 on the treadmill.  I had run long runs on the TM before, but they were never pretty and always tortuous.  Ipod in place, I got going.  Kept it steady and slow and focused on my form.  It is usually the last few miles that are pretty messy ----lose my form and "things" start to hurt.  When I felt twinges in my knee or calves today--I form corrected and really focused.  I felt great--9 miles DONE!

Today's song, It's Sabotage, Beastie Boys

No comments:

Post a Comment