Feeling Jinxed

Still have not found all the lost IDs yet.  I have been slowly replacing them, but the cost and time involved is tortuous.   It seems like I am victim of a string of bad luck--little things that just really bum me out.  Today I was all set to head to the gym for strength training; I go every T & Th and I really look forward to it.  Well Finn gets on the bus and I literally run to my car (or else I am late and have to deal with "space" issues--a class filled with very territorial woman; I will save that post for another day).  I hop in the car and I knew something was off right away when the door light was sooooo dim--no juice-battery dead.  Instead of calling road side assistance, I figured, I would take the day off---I had a lot of stuff planned that will have to be shifted to tomorrow.  Instead--homebound I was---I had tons of computer stuff to do and work that could be completed at home, but I really missed that workout, especially since I did not get one yesterday.  4 miles on the treadmill just did not cut it.

We had our annual Halloween Party for Bosom Buddies yesterday and although I love planning events for the Bosom Buddies Breastfeeding Support Group the time involved usually means that I have to turn down work and miss workouts---you know it is the workouts that keep me sane:)  We have a huge event planned for next week---I am really excited! ---we are going to have a full house.  Thankfully we have a GREAT AWESOMELY talented membership who will help make sure the event goes smoothly.
Here was the press release created by a fellow moderator and member:
PRESS RELEASE / EVENT ANNOUNCEMENT

For Immediate Release: October 20, 2011
Contacts:

“WHAT CHOICES DO PARENTS HAVE?”
VACCINATION SAFETY SEMINAR & BOOK SIGNING – NOVEMBER 2
Local Moms Group Sponsors Free, Open-to-the-Public Event

Colts Neck Township, NJ The Bosom Buddies Breastfeeding Support Group, a free, open-to-the public group for moms and babies, is hosting a November 2nd seminar by local vaccination safety advocate Louse Kuo Habakus, MA.  The seminar is entitled “What Choices Do Parents Have?”  Habakus is Director of the Center for Personal Rights, and co-editor and author of the bestseller book, Vaccine Epidemic.

“Louise is a wonderful presenter.  I learn something new each time I hear Louse speak,” said Cassandra Leahy, RN, MSN, LCCE, IBCLC, founder and moderator of the Bosom Buddies group.  “This seminar is mother and baby friendly and we welcome anyone who may be interested in learning more about vaccinations.”


Habakus is expected to discuss vaccine safety, efficacy, conflicts of interest, vaccination choice, and exemptions. A question and answer session and book signing will follow prepared remarks. Books will be available for purchase, $20 (cash only). For more information about Louise and the book, go to www.vaccineepidemic.com. The book is sold on Amazon and in bookstores everywhere.
“When anxious parents are attacked and called anti-vaccine, it’s nothing short of bullying. The vast majority of American parents vaccinate their children. But they are deeply concerned about safety and they want to work with their doctors to make informed decisions. The real debate has always been about choice,” said Louse Kuo Habakus.
The free, open-to-the public event will be held on November 2, 2011, from 11am to 1pm in the Community Center Meeting room at the Colts Neck Public Library, 1 Winthrop Road, Colts Neck.  Due to space limitations, registration is requested; to register, please email Casi Leahy at TheLactationLady@gmail.com.  Light refreshments will be provided by the Bosom Buddies Breastfeeding Support Group.
###

Bosom Buddies is a free, weekly support group open to all breastfeeding mothers and babies in the Monmouth/Ocean/Middlesex County region.  The group attendees share experiences, discuss concerns, and provide support with all “mothering matters.”  It is a collective group of women who come together to protect, promote, and support breastfeeding.  The group meets Wednesdays from 11am to 12:30pm in the Community Center Meeting room at the Colts Neck Public Library, 1 Winthrop Road, Colts Neck.  For more information and to register for the group, contact Casi Leahy, RN, MSN, LCCE, IBCLC at TheLactationLady@gmail.com.

I am very thankful that our group can sponsor activities like this one.  As a health care professional, I believe it is always important to hear all sides and try to see all perspectives when faced with any issue.  Parents need to be informed consumers and I do not think that the debate for vaccine safety is over--nor do I want to discourage or punish families looking for answers.  The right to question or be concerned parents should never be discouraged.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sorry you didnt get your strength workout in.
Would love to read about those territorial woman in your class. :)

Post a Comment