Birthday Run

Finally got my Birthday run in--Yeah!  I needed this run.  This week was awful.  I could not fit runs in and it was just a weird week --where the BS never stopped heading in my direction.  

I am going to make it my mission to seek out and surround myself with sincere, honest, fun, NOT perfect people (because we know perfect people do not really exist and those who make pretend can stay clear of me)--oh, and can I add non-judgmental.  I do not want to compete with anyone but myself and I certainly do not want to have a "my kid is better than yours" discussion.  I want to be myself without having to guard what I say or do for fear of offending you.  I have opinions and I am well aware they may not be the same as yours, but I love a good debate.  I want friends who just "get me" and take me with the good, the bad, and the ugly.  I am far from perfect and I am no good at make-pretending.

Headed out this morning to clear my head.  It was a PERFECT day for a run.  I had no idea what I was going to do.  I had consumed too much red wine and Thai food last night, so at one point, I thought sticking to the neighborhood where I could easily make a pit stop would be best.  I headed out--my first mile in the neighborhood is always around this one loop.  A slow incline for first .5 miles and then a slow descent--it is a great warm up mile.  I felt great.  I decided to take it out of the neighborhood and see what happens.  I ran to the CN Primary/Elementary School and was grateful for the porta-potty I found there.  I needed a change of scenery so I headed down Heyers Mill Road.  I ran past the golf course and the library.  I ran up Hewlit (I have no idea the correct spelling of that road) and then Crine (praying for my life) to Conover.  At 8.5 miles there was a twinge in my right knee that could not be ignored.
Colts Neck Golf Course--all the sprinklers were on and it looked so cool
I ended up walking .5 mile home--making the total 9 miles.  I feel good.  My knee does not hurt sitting here post run enjoying my Starbucks Venti Soy Latte---life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment