2 Mile Warm Up Runs

Meet 3 Racy Runners yesterday for a leisurely 2 mile run--it was just what we all needed to ease ourselves back "in to it"---none of us had been running regularly and 2 of the ladies were nursing injuries--so a slow and steady 2 miles around the rugby path at Thompson Park was just what we needed.  The dirt trial cushioned our old bones--and in my case what I believe are shin splints from 2 hours of tennis on Monday.

I started a new tennis league at the Colts Neck Racquet Club. I took the summer off of tennis too--so needless to say the 2 hours was a little rough on me, but I had so much more fun than I thought I would.  Typically I have always planned tennis with a small group for fun and I have never participated in a league, but the ladies I played with thought we would give it a try and it was great.  I am looking forward to next Monday.

Today was a scheduled short run (2 miles) at the Library.  No one else could make it--so I had to "go it" alone.  It is always easier to run with other people--but I carry my Ipod just in case.  On long solo runs I run sans Ipod, but shorter runs I like the music---I know that seems weird, it should be the other way around, but I found I just do better on long runs with out the music.

I am going to try to get my long runs in on Friday.  This Friday I planned a 5-6 mile run at Cross Farms---a run into Thompson then along the Reservoir Trail (1/2 trail 1/2 paved path)---I have that 10 K race in Asbury Park on the 25th and I don't know if I will be able to run 6 miles with no walk.  Although, I have been having so much success with the run:walk ratio (3:1), I know I should be able to run 6 miles even though it has been awhile--right?

Today's Song, Rock This Party, Bob Sinclair





http://connect.garmin.com/activity/49139271

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice and interesting post. Thanks for sharing such a great post! More power and have a happy run always! :)

Post a Comment