Messy Sunday am Run

Goal 7 miles slow and steady--outcome 6 with numerous stops and an un-clocked .5 mile walk.  

N meet me for a run this am at Thompson Park.  It was gorgeous out--72 degrees but it was humid and getting hotter by the minute.  I wilted after the first 2.5 miles.  It was one of those runs where I knew I just did not have it in me.  I have not been sleeping well and my tummy troubles have gotten worse.  I am convinced that I have exercise induced colitis and all the fun stuff that goes along with it.  

I am going to bite the bullet and see a GI doc (they have to rule out colon ca--fun, fun, fun)--I am such an awful patient--I have been in denial for 2 years now--but lately the last few runs even when they are short and slow have been a GI challenge.  

GI issues coupled with the humidity and dehydration (I don't handle the humidity well--picture a red tomato sweating profusely) made this run a super challenge.  I felt bad for N who really could have run the whole way without having to make any stops.  At mile 5, I had enough--I really did not have anything left in storage.  I sent/made N run on ahead to the rugby loop--I told her I would walk and meet her on the back half of the loop; hoping I would be able to run from there to the end of the loop where our cars were parked.  

I walked a 1/2 mile to meet her--there were TONS of runners--they seemed to come out of the woodwork.  They all passed me with an easy gait as if running was no effort to them--all mocking me--there was the gaggle of HS girls with blond ponytails bobbing up and down who were laughing and giggling as they ran with ease, there were the men running alone with determined looks in there eyes, there were women runners who obviously were solving world issues as they moved along, and the HS boys who were clocking 8:40 on their long slow run without breaking a sweat.....and then there was me, the red sweaty tomato shuffling along unable to break into a slow jog.

I am not going to lie to you--this was a hard run for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment