Easing back into it

First run today since returning from annual Florida vacation.  After 15 plus hours in the car yesterday--yes, we drive and we drive all the way on the way home--it was good to move my legs.  I kept the run slow and easy and believe it or not on the TM.  Ran 3---could have run 2 more, but my form would have suffered.  I had horrible back pain on the vacation--could have a lot to do with the awful car ride and even worse sleeping accommodations....needless to say, we all need to recover from our vacation now.

Anyway, I am going to ease myself back into my running routine--my new and improved running routine.  I decided to use my vacation as a recovery/break.  I only ran 7 miles in the last week and they were slow and with breaks due to the oppressive heat. I also only got 2 P90X/Insanity workouts in--I usually workout everyday, so this was a big change for me.  I think my body needed it. 

Today's song, Foster The People, Pumped Up Kicks (Love this song--thought it was a love song; I could have sworn they said "all the other kids with the pumped up kisses")

No comments:

Post a Comment