I Feel Like a New Runner

After attending the RRCA running coach certification class this past weekend, I feel like a new runner.  Today I had 4 on the schedule before I had to head off to the Bosom Buddies Breastfeeding Support Group.  I stick to the 'hood on these runs so I have time to shower before group.  I love my neighborhood--it is perfect for running--wide streets, scant traffic, plenty of variety.  You can eeek out a good 8-10 miles running around the hood BUT it is HILLY.  

The 4 mile route I take is my HILL route and today, incorporating my new slow is the new fast approach, I was curious to see how those hills would feel.  

I felt great and the run was a HUGE success.  I did have to wear my nifty Zensah calf sleeves since my left calf was achy since my run on Monday.  Wearing the Zoot stockings all day Monday really helped, but they look rather ridiculous with shorts----not that the Zensah look that much better....

No comments:

Post a Comment